The 8th International Symposium and Workshop on Acoustics and Vibration (ISWAV 2019) was held on October 20-24, 2019, in the scenic and cultural city of Hangzhou, China.
ISWAV is a focused Symposium where experts in the fields of acoustics and vibration convene to discuss and exchange ideas in current and emerging areas of research. The Symposium also emphasizes pre-conference workshops including tutorials for participants and students.
ISWAV 2019 welcomed contributions to support the current thematic topic, Applications of Innovative Materials/Sensors in Acoustics and Vibration, as well as on the following topics.
Structural vibration; Vibration control of structures with innovative materials; Vibro-acoustic coupling problems; Nonlinear vibration; System identification; Structural Acoustics; Noise reduction by innovative damping materials and technologies; Near-field acoustic holography and sound field visualization; Noise-vibration testing; Noise source localization and identification; Beamforming technology
- ISWAV 2012: Dec 17–18, Hangzhou
- ISWAV 2013: Sep 10–13, Hangzhou
- ISWAV 2014: July 18–22, Hangzhou
- ISWAV 2015: Oct 11–16, Hangzhou (Merged with the International Conference on Theoretical and Computational Acoustics (ICTCA) 2015)
- ISWAV 2016: July 25–29, Harbin
- ISWAV 2017: Oct 14–18, Hangzhou
- ISWAV 2018: March 18–19, Hangzhou
- ISWAV 2019: Oct 22–26, Hangzhou